这个月Aspiring Bakers的主题是蒸蛋糕，已错过了几个月的Aspiring Bakers，于是决定就蒸一个蛋糕牛刀小试，希望借此让我找回烘培的推动力。
This is the cake which featured on the cover of “Magic Steamed Cake” by Alex Goh. Personally I think this cake tastes quite good but it will be nicer if the corn flavour is more prominent. To enhance the taste, I serve with additional creamy corn. Yummy!
I am sharing the detailed steps of exactly how I made this cake.
Steamed Sweet Corn Cake
4 large eggs
200g sugar ( I used 155g)
200g creamy corn
250g plain flour
1 tbsp double action baking powder*
*I read wrongly and only used 1 tsp but my cake still turned out soft and fluffy. So I guess it is fine to use just 1 tsp.
80g melted butter
- Line an 8” square pan with parcement paper. Prepare steamer.
- Whip (A) till light and fluffy (ribbon stage) using elect. mixer. Add creamy corn and mix until well-blended.
- Detach the balloon whisk, sift in 1/3 of (C) and use the balloon whisk to swirl in. Repeat the same for another 1/3 of (C). For the last 1/3 of (C), fold in using a rubber spatula.
- Pour about 1/3 of batter into (D) and mix well. Pour the mixture back to the remaining batter and mix till just incorporated.
- Pour batter to the prepared pan and steam on high heat for about 25-30 mins (change to medium high heat after 10 mins) (please make sure there is enough water in the steamer).
You can use any types of mould as desired but the steaming time will be varied. Small cake takes lesser time than large cake.
(Recipe adapted from “Magic Steamed Cake” by Alex Goh)
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #25: Steaming Hot Cakes (Nov 2012) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well In Flanders.
The colour and texture of your steamed sweet corn cake looks very tempting :)ReplyDelete
If you wish to make the sweet corn flavour more prominant, maybe you can try adding some melted butter to the sweet corn and pouring it over the corn cake? Then it will be savoury (salty) and sweet at the same time. Just an idea =)
I think ur idea will visually enhance the cake as well ;)
Love this cake! Definitely need to have more corn flavour here, so delicious :)ReplyDelete
I think the cake taste even better the next day. I can't help but still have a slice just after dinner. :p
Just feeling like making steam cake ....ReplyDelete
But ... Too tired lah !
Your steamed sweet corn cake looks so delish!!
I have also tried a recipe from the same book(Alex Goh).
It turn out very good too..^^
I saw ur cake. It looks yummy!
i was contemplating whether i should steam this cake too since my kids love cornReplyDelete
but i havent done it til today approaching to the end of this month LOL
looks good, Angel :)
You still have 3 more days and you only need less than 30 mins to get this done. LOL
Looks soft and good.ReplyDelete
Wow! These look so appetizing & I LOVE sweet corns too! I've never tried steam cake before but now I'm really tempted to make some. Thanks for sharing your recipe. BTW your blog is AWESOME! Have a lovely day. :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for dropping by my blog . U have a nice day!
Your steamed cake looks pretty and love your plating. :)ReplyDelete