Monday, June 11, 2012
【清热解暑】紫薯绿豆汤 Green Bean Soup with Purple Sweet Potato
Green Bean Soup with Purple Sweet Potato (Using Thermal Cooker)
150g green bean
2 litre water
1 medium size purple sweet potato, cubed (can also use other type of sweet potato)
1 bundle of Pandan leaves, tied into a knot
Rock sugar to taste
1) Rinse green beans for a few times and remove any bad bean. Add green beans into the inner pot of thermal cooker, add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add sweet potato, continue to boil for another 10 mins.
2) Remove from heat and place the inner pot into the thermal cooker. Leave it in the thermal cooker till the green beans softened (about 20-30 mins, depending on individual preference and thermal cooker), remove inner pot from thermal cooker, add rock sugar and cook over stove till sugar dissolved. Remove Pandan leaves and serve hot.
1) If using normal pot, just continue to simmer over low heat till green beans softened in step 2. The benefits of using thermal cooker are no monitoring of fire is required, less loss of water (thus preserves the taste of food) and save gas.
2) The amount of green bean and water is just for reference, feel free to adjust according to individual preference, usually the water amount is at least 10 times of bean.
3) Green bean can be pre-soaked in water to reduce cooking time.
4) My thermal cooker is 2.5 litre. After adding in green beans I added water till about 85% full. Thermal cooker only works well when at least 70% filled.
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers # 20 – Asian Dessert Buffet (June 2012), hosted by Moon of Food Playground.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Been eating too much heaty things recently. I NEED THIS!! Good thing this is so simple (but still delicious) to make (:ReplyDelete
This is super simple actually the recipe is redundant. :p
This is interesting. I like this dessert.ReplyDelete
This was something new to me too before introduction from my aunt.
looks yum! both ingredients i love :)ReplyDelete
I actually also wanted to do this last week end but somehow didnt get to do. ;)ReplyDelete
Then do it this week :)