这是我第一次做司康，做了食谱的双倍，成品是外脆内软的，但是还没有达到我的要求。我喜欢的司康是每咬一口都感觉包含着牛油，我想我应该是在rub in 牛油到面粉里时操作过度，造成这司康的口感有点干，还有分割时我把面团压得太扁，烤好的司康高度不够，所以感觉比较脆。
This is a very convenient and easy recipe because you can prepare the dough the night before and just cut/bake it the next day morning.
Enjoy freshly baked scones as breakfast without waking up extra early, what are you waiting for?
Recipe adapted from 君之, hop over for step-by-step picture illustration.
Yeast Raisin Scone
Ingredients: (yield 8 wedges)
125g bread flour
30g cold butter (cut into small cubes)
¼ tsp salt
15g castor sugar
½ tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp whole egg mixture (keep the balance for egg wash)
1) Pre-soak raisins in water (I soak in rum), drain and pat fry with kitchen paper towel.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix flour with salt, add cubed butter, rub-in butter to the flour mixture with finger tips (I rub-in with a help of a fork and scraper, try not to overwork in this step).
3) Combine milk, instant yeast, sugar and egg, mix well.
4) Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture, knead until a smooth dough is formed (do not over knead).
5) Flatten the dough, sprinkle half of the raisins on top, fold the dough into half and roll into a round ball.
6) Repeat step 5 (add the remaining raisins). Cover the dough with cling wrap and keep in the fridge overnight.
7) On the next day, remove dough from the fridge, flatten the dough and cut into 8 wedges, apply egg wash. Bake in preheated oven at 185C for about 15mins or until golden brown, centre rack.
1) I doubled the recipe.
2) Omit the raisin to make plain scones or you may play with other variations, such as replacing raisin with walnut, dried cranberries etc.
3) Wrap leftover scones in aluminum foil and plastic bag, store in freezer. Toast before served. If using oven, bake at 150C for a few minutes.
Apron Giveaway by My Kitchen Snippets
At the end of this post, I would like to share with all readers this apron giveaway event from My Kitchen Snippets. Those aprons are really very sweet and cute. So hurry up if you wish to be the owner of one of these aprons. Closing date is on 17th May 2011 at 6.00pm (Eastern Time). To participate, please refer to this Link.