Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Honey Wholemeal Bread 蜂蜜麦香面包

If you follow my blog, you may have seen my first wholemeal bread that is in fact, the first baby out from my bread machine. It didn't turn out very good though. To me it was too dense and heavy.

This time I adapted the basic white bread recipe and replaced some bread flour with wholemeal flour, the wholemeal flour ratio was 25%. The bread came out prefect. It was soft and rich.

See how soft the bread is.
This recipe is very versatile, it has become my favourite bread recipe.

I like the morning sun on the bread.
Ingredients:
1 cup cold water
1 ½ tbsp honey
½ tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups flour (ratio can be adjusted according to own preference)
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour + ¼ cup bread flour = 1 cup
- ½ cup plain flour + ½ cup bread flour = 1 cup
- 1 cup bread flour
1 tsp instant yeast

Method:
By bread machine
1) Add ingredients according to the above sequence into the bread pan.
2) Select 'Whole-Wheat' program, '700g' loaf size (the smaller size), 'Light' colour, press 'Start/Stop' button to start the program.
3) Cool on wire rack when done.

Note:
1) Variations: Add 2 tbsp of milk powder. Replace sugar/honey with brown sugar.
2) I stopped the program 10 mins before the end time (i.e. cut down the baking time by 10 mins) when I saw the crust colour had become nice golden brown. The crust was soft and thin.

8 comments:

  1. Looks soft and light, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread looks nice...I udnerstand ur bread machine was brought from Care4...is there any warranty of this machine?? Then if spoilt, whr to repair it? Coz Msia seem dun sell this bread machine...Pls get back to me at shia88@hotmail.com.
    TQ so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anncoo,

    This has become my regular bread for breakfast. I bake it almost every week.

    Btw, I still can't leave comment on ur blog, so annoying.


    Hi MeRy,

    I can't access to my email now. So I will reply to you here, I will drop you an email if I have chance.

    Yes, I bought from Carrefour, the warranty is 1 year from date of purchase. I was told that just bring back to carrefour with the receipt if there is any problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and nice bread! Is it possible to achieve this without a bread machine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... its very soft...I shall wait for the bluesky to have an offer for the bread machine...then I can buy it at cheaper price... I'm moving soon to a bigger place... and definitely a bigger kitchen...looking forward to it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi nyonya pendek melaka,

    Thanks for dropping by my site.

    Yes, you can achieve this without a bread machine. Hand knead or a mixer can also do the job.


    Hi Pauline,

    I heard from my friend that the bread machine is out of stock now.

    Congratulations to ur new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I know what cup do you use? The cup that comes with the bread maker is bigger that the normal cup we get from bakery supply. Please advise. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous,

    Is it? The cup comes with my bread machine is the standard US cup, that is 240ml/cup. So u can based on 240ml/cup for this recipe. In fact all my recipes collection in this blog are based on this cup size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"