Happy New Year everyone! Let's cheer for a great year ahead! ☆☆☆
Here's some photo review of my 2014 food journey. :)
Merry Christmas to all my dear friends and readers! ♡
Here's my bake for Christmas, no log cake this year, just a simple strawberry shortcake.
Cake recipe refer to Carol.
1/2 tsp lemon juice (or 1/8 tsp cream of tartar)
80g cake flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract }
1 tsp vegetable oil } not in original recipe
Some icing sugar
200ml dairy cream
Dissolve 12g of sugar in 20g hot water. Add 1 tsp rum when it has cool down.
To make the cake, refer to the video here.
170C for about 12-13 mins.
Whip dairy cream and sugar to soft peak. You can chill the whisk and mixing bowl in freezer before hand and place the mixing bowl on ice while whipping.
To assemble, brush syrup mixture on one side or both sides of the cake as you like, sandwich with whipping cream and cut strawberries, decorate as desired.
Do not replace dairy whipping cream with non-dairy in this cake as dairy cream will make the cake taste much better.
This small batch of Churros was done in less than half an hour but they were wiped out even faster by three monsters in the house. This explains how popular they are.....crispy outside and soft inside, indeed very tasty.
1 cup water
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vegetables oil
Pinch of salt
1 cup (140g) plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1) Mix (A) in a pot and cook till boiling. Remove from heat.
2) Add (B), mix to form a dough.
3) Set aside to cool down a bit. Meanwhile, mix cinnamon powder and sugar in a plate.
4) Place cooked dough in a piping bag which fitted with a big star tip. Heat oil, pipe dough into hot oil and fry till golden brown.
5) Coat with cinnamon sugar while it is still hot.
1) I somehow had difficulty in piping the dough so I shaped it instead and used the back of the knife to cut some lines.
2) Make 8.
(Recipe from here)