40ml vegetable oil
60g blueberry jam (I replaced with mashed bananas)
2 tbsp milk (not in original recipe)*
80g cake flour (I used 72g plain flour + 8g corn flour)
4 large egg whites
50g castor sugar (I used 45g)
50g frozen dried blueberries (I used frozen fresh blueberries) (coated with additional flour)
1) In a bowl, manually whisk yolks and blueberry jam/mashed bananas.
2) Add oil and whisk till combined.
3) Sieve in flour, mix till incorporated (*I found the mixture very dry, so I added 2tbsp of milk which is not in the original recipe).
4) In another bowl, whisk whites will frothy, then add sugar in 3 sessions. Whisk till stiff peak (when lifted, the tip of the meringue is stiff).
5) Fold in 1/3 of the meringue to the yolk mixture, mix well. Then pour the mixture to the remaining meringue, fold till just incorporated (original recipe add the remaining meringue to the yolk mixture). Fold in blueberries with a rubber spatula gently.
6) Fill up ¾ of the paper cups with the batter, bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 15 minutes, centre rack. For 17-cm chiffon pan, bake for about 30 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and invert the cake immediately if bake in chiffon pan. Need not invert if bake in paper cups.