Ingredients: (make 3 cups)
400ml coconut milk (I used Kara brand, box type)
400ml whole eggs (see note 1)
About 10 pandan leaves (it’s ok to use more or less, I didn’t count actually)
1 tbsp home-made pandan essence (optional)
1) Cut pandan leaves into small pieces. Blend pandan leaves with 200ml of coconut milk and squeeze through a fine strainer (I didn’t blend with water because I didn’t want to dilute the coconut milk). Mix with the balance 200ml of coconut milk and pandan essence (if using).
2) Beat eggs and sugar lightly till sugar dissolved. Add into bread machine pan together with the pandan coconut milk. Select "Jam" function.
3) Once done, let jam cool in bread pan for a while before transferring to a blender to blend till smooth (a few pulses with do, depends on how fine you want it to be, I prefer little coarse texture).
4) Store in sterilized glass jars and keep in fridge after completely cool down.
1) Crack eggs in a measuring jug to measure. I used 6 extra large eggs of each net weight between 62g-69g.
2) The last jar of kaya is already almost 3 weeks old and it is still looking good. Make sure use clean and dry utensil to pick up the kaya each time.
3) Refer to my first bread machine kaya post HERE for more kitchen notes.