Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Easy Cabbage & Ham Egg Pancake (Step-by-Step Photos) 高丽菜火腿蛋饼轻松做 (附步骤图)

I have been slow in updating my blog lately as I was tied up with other commitment.

Next week I will be sending Lucius to infant care centre, I believe I will have a hectic week and there will be lots of new challenges awaiting me. Wish me good luck.


I made this “Cabbage & Ham Egg Pancake” with frozen prata some times ago for lunch on a weekday when D and I were both at home. I didn’t create this intentionally, it just that we were tired of tabao (takeaway) food and we didn’t want any instant noodles for lunch. So I created this with handy ingredients I could find in my fridge.

You may create your own version of egg pancake using seafood, mixed veggies…etc.

Let’s see the simple ingredients and steps below.

3 frozen prata (I used Fairprice house brand which is smaller and thinner)
¼ - 1/3 cabbage (cut into strips)
2pcs ham (cut into strips)(I used black pepper chicken ham)
1 egg
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Pinch of pepper
Little oil/butter/margarine for frying

3片冷冻印度煎饼(我用平价自家品牌,比一般小和薄)
¼ - 1/3 个高丽菜/包菜(切条状)
2片火腿(切条状)(我用黑椒鸡肉火腿)
1粒蛋
1汤匙酱油
少许胡椒粉
少许食油/牛油/菜油(干煎时用)

Mix all ingredients (except frozen prata) and set aside. The mixture should be quite “dry”, add more cabbage if you still can see the beaten egg.
混合所有材料(除了冷冻印度煎饼)备用。混合材料看起来应该蛮“干”,如果表面还有多余蛋液,那就加入更多高丽菜。


Brush a thin layer of oil/butter/margarine on a non-sticky pan (this just need to be done once for the first pancake), add frozen prata (do not thaw) and pan-fry over low heat till semi transparent.
不沾平底锅抹上少许食油/牛油/菜油(煎第一片时才需要),加入一片冷冻印度煎饼(不要解冻),小火煎至半透明。


Add cabbage mixture on top.
加入高丽菜等材料在煎饼上。

Using a turner to push any extra beaten egg onto the prata.
用锅铲把多余的蛋液推到煎饼上。

Pan-fry over low heat until the side of the prata puffs up.
小火煎至煎饼边缘变得蓬蓬。

Turn over and press with a turner.
翻面,用锅铲按压。

Pan-fry till the cabbage is cooked (depends on individual preference. I prefer soft cabbage, thus, I fried for longer time).
煎至高丽菜熟透即可上桌(自己拿捏,我喜欢软软的高丽菜所以煎比较久)。

Serve hot. You may have it plain or eat with your preferred sauce. I served with chili sauce.
趁热享用。可以单单这样吃或是配搭自己喜欢的酱料。我沾辣椒酱吃。

12 comments:

  1. hmm...yummy yummy!!! when free i want try to cook 1 also :) thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an innovative way to jazz up a roti paratha

    ReplyDelete
  3. frozen roti pratha always comes in handy. There was once I pan fry the pratha, top with nuggets, peri peri sauce, raw cabbage and roll it like a poh piah.. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not tried adding cabbage but egg, ham and cheese yes.

    Btw, why do i keep thinking you are in Malaysia? Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks nice。
    it would be better if you shred the cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the pizza looks good angel! and i wish you all the luck you need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 这款我也可以试作也。
    不知道如果煎好之后撒cheese在上面会不会好吃咧。

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative way to eat prata... yum yum... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all,
    Thanks for your lovely comment.

    Swee San,
    Ur "poh pian" prata sounds very delicious, I'd like to give it a try. :-)

    Blessed Homemaker,
    Can't go wrong with this perfect combination = egg, ham and cheese are great combination, I am drooling now.

    Yuyu,
    加上cheese肯定好吃,不过我觉得cheese要稍微加热到一点溶会更棒。

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"