Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another Steamed Cake@ Steamed Choco Cake 蒸巧克力咖啡蛋糕


Choco is the short form of Chocolate & Coffee. Hehe.

Created this cake using the leftover chocolate topping from this cake on the next day morning.


I used one sachet of 3-in-1 coffee and estimated the amount of other ingredients myself. I'd say I was lucky to get it right. Cake was soft (not as rich as this cake), with a hint of coffee flavour and the sweetness was just nice.

Ingredients:
(A)
¾ cup chocolate topping (chocolate paste)
¼ cup canola oil
½ cup 3-in-1 coffee*

¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

*Dissolve 1 sachet of 3-in-1 coffee powder in some hot water then add cold water to fill up ½ cup.
(B)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
(C)
1 cup + 1tbsp flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda

Method:
1) Combine (A) in mixing bowl, stir till well mixed.
2) Add (B) into (A) mixture and stir till well mixed.
3) Combine and sift (C) together, fold into egg mixture in 2 additions, mix well. (Batter should be runny).
4) Pour the batter into a greased or lined pan, cover loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
5) Heat up steamer (bring water to a boil), steam over medium high heat for about 40 mins.
6) Cool on wire rack before turning out.


4 comments:

  1. Just wonder, when steaming cake at high fire....how do you add in water when the water is getting lesser. Will the cake sink when we open the lid? What type of pot do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anncoo,

    I do not own a steamer, I just steam in my wok.

    If needed to add water, I just open the lid gentlely and add hot water (make sure the water is HOT), the cake won't sink. I am not sure for other type of cakes coz normally I only add water if the steaming time is more than 45 mins.

    For cake that need to steam for long time, I don't steam over high heat all the way. I usually use high heat then turn to medium heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried using 3 in 1 b4, i used Nescafe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, I just use whatever I have on-hand. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"