Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Milo Panna Cotta 美禄奶酪

My mom doesn't drink milk and she doesn't eat anything that has strong milk taste. Likewise my dad and D also don't seem to like milk. That explains why this Peach Panna Cotta was not so well received.

To cheat them into having milk and learn to appreciate this dessert, I added some Milo powder and transformed this dessert into everyone's favourite.

You can always use chocolate milk but I don't usually buy chocolate milk whereas I always have one or two packs of milk (fresh/UHT) at home mainly for baking purpose. In the other hand, Milo is a common drink and it's available in many households as compared with cocoa powder. So I decided to use Milo for this dessert.

The colour of the Milo Panna Cotta looks pale in picture because the Milo powder had sank to the bottom after a while, creating a chocolate layer at the bottom. Yummy!

Ingredients:
2 tsp gelatin powder
3 tbsp water
2 cups (480ml) full cream milk
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Milo (use more if desired)

Method:
1) Sprinkle gelatin in water, set aside to allow the gelatin to swell for about 10 mins.
2) Combine the remaining ingredients (except Milo) in a saucepan over medium low heat, stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves and tiny bubbles appear around the edge of the pan, add Milo, stir till well mixed. Remove from heat and add the gelatin, stir until it is thoroughly incorporated.
3) Pour the milk mixture into small ramekins/cups, leave to cool at room temperature and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.

Variation:
Replace milk with chocalate milk and omit Milo.

13 comments:

  1. Mmmm....delicious with Milo. I'm sure I can eat more than one. Now I miss Milo....difficult to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have don't have Milo at home. Will use chocolate as you mentioned. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,

    Oh realy? Not even in the Asian market? If I were to choose one beverage I think I would only miss coffee. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anncoo,

    Ur are welcome! Ur kids don't like Milo?

    I don't usually have Milo a home too, at most I will store some 3-in-1 Milo, this big tin of Milo is brought ot me by my mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will try this out since i have Milo at home. Looks creamily gooood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to use Milo, but I don't have it at home, maybe you can try with my favourite coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My father also doesn't drink milk and don't think he will be cheated in this way, because he only drink milo kosong... haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. hihi... where u bought these ramekins from ? got pink ones also ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sonia/ Jessie/ Jess,
    Thanks for your compliment.

    Min,
    Good idea to use coffee. I would love to try that aloso.

    neyeeloh,
    U may try but make sure u don't tell him (never ever) that it is made of milk. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica,
    I bought the ramekins from Daison. Actually the one u see in the picture is pink colour, the colour turns lighter in picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same here, I always have few pack of UHT milk in my kitchen for baking purpose. Now my son knows that the milk is for baking purpose n he should not drink till finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ya, Wendy it's very convenient to store UHT milk as the life span is much longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"