Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Pizza Dough #2 ~ Soft & Fluffy Pizza Dough Using 100% Plain Flour 松软皮萨饼皮(100%普通面粉)

This is a quick and “bread like” pizza crust using 100% plain flour and total proofing time needed is only 10 minutes. Plain flour is more common and can be found in most households, so anyone can just make this pizza crust at home anytime.

The crust is indeed soft and fluffy. Though it looks thick you won’t feel very filling after eating. I used canned tuna for the topping this time (hot mayonnaise flavour) together with onion and green chili.

Canned tuna is my favourite topping, I always like to keep one or two cans of canned tuna at home. They are great for sandwich too. The only brand I buy is Ayam brand. There are many flavours to choose from, hot chili, mayonnaise, tomato….and even with water chestnut, you won’t get bored if you ever use it for pizza toppings.

Soft & Fluffy Pizza Dough (100% Plain Flour)
(recipe adapted from Yum Yum magazine April 2011)

Ingredients: (served 3-4)
300g plain flour
6g (2 tsp) instant dry yeast
1 tbsp Italian mixed herbs (I omitted)
190-220ml water
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar

Method:
1) Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well (add 190ml of water first and slowly add up to 220ml if the dough is dry). Continue to knead into smooth dough. Cover the dough with a piece of wet towel or cling wrap, rest for 10 mins. Roll out the dough into a square.
2) Prick holes all over the dough and bake in preheated oven at 200C for 12 mins or until lightly brown. Remove from oven.
3) Pile on your favourite toppings and bake at 200C until crust is brown and cheese is bubbly.

Note:
I kneaded the dough by hand. The dough was very sticky at the beginning, I just roughly kneaded for about 5-10 mins and left it to proof. The dough became soft and smooth after 10 mins and it was quite easy to handle.

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction (June 2011) hosted by Sweetylicious.

11 comments:

  1. 暂时不吃戒口 。。
    要你那个strawberry盘就好!!
    呵呵 。。。

    ReplyDelete
  2. 普通面粉也可以做到 soft and fluffy.
    那真的很方便咧!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not try making pizza dough with plain flour, must try this method one day. Thanks for sharing. Ya, I also only buy Ayam brand tuna and sardine..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuna很好用啊, 每次放一些在家, 夹面包或者拿去煮pasta都可以, 我本来也想做pizza, 不过缺少了cheese啊!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family prefer softer pizza base instead of the chewy one. Bookmark this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pizza has caught my attention once again and its seem-simple steps. Bookmark too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 用普通面粉哦?特别。。。

    ReplyDelete
  8. 董夫人,
    你的咳嗽有好点吗?这个strawberry盘我也非常喜欢。

    sean/neyeeloh,
    用普通面粉真的很方便,其实我以前做pizza一路来都是用普通面粉,只有之前post那个Jamie Oliver的recipe用高粉。

    Sonia,
    Same here. I also only buy Ayam brand sardine. :)

    SSB,
    My famly also prefer soft, more bread-like pizza crust.

    hanushi,
    You should give it a try. It's very ewasy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angel, I just made this for lunch. Really easy and nice. I love the crust. Just like what u mentioned, its crispy on the outside and soft inside.... Thanks for a good and easy recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angel, I just made this for lunch today. Easy and nice. The crust is crispy outside and soft inside :-). Thanks for a great recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"