Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pizza Dough #1 ~ Thin & Crispy Pizza Dough by Jamie Oliver 脆薄皮萨饼皮

The last time I made pizza is years ago and the only pizza dough recipe that I ever tried is the recipe I learnt in my home econ class back to secondary school days. Till now, I still find it very good.

I had family members visit on a lovely Sunday so I thought to make my guests pizza for lunch. Instead of going back to the old recipe, I tried Jamie Oliver’s pizza dough recipe seen from The Batter Baker blog.

This pizza crust is slightly chewy type and the edge is crispy. I find it more “authentic” than my usual recipe which is more “bread” like. I made 1.5 times of the recipe below, served 6. I didn’t roll it into very thin as I preferred thicker crust.

The topping included a layer of store bought pasta sauce, hotdogs, onions, fresh pineapples and yellow capsicums.

I was quite disappointed with the topping, mainly due to the cheese. I usually use mozzarella and cheddar cheese for pizza topping but when I went to shop for the cheese I saw packages of “Pizza Topping” , I thought this was more convenient to use so I grabbed one pack. However, the “Pizza Topping” didn’t turn out good, it was lack of flavour and though I saw the word mozzarella on the ingredient list I couldn’t really taste or see any mozzarella after baking. I only used half pack of it, that’s why there will be Pizza Dough # 2 in my upcoming post. Next post I will be sharing pizza dough using plain flour and shorter proofing time.

Pizza Dough, by Jamie Oliver

Ingredients: (scaled to make a thin 12" base)
130ml lukewarm water
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (I used normal olive oil)
200g bread flour
½ tsp sea salt

Method:
1) Sprinkle sugar and yeast over water (can reserve 1-2 tbsp water, only add the reserved water if the dough is too dry). Set aside for about 10 min till frothy.
2) Pour yeast mixture and oil into flour and salt.
3) Knead dough till smooth and springy.
4) Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl. Proof for about 30 min till double in size (I proof for about 50 mins).
5) Knock back dough and roll out to a 12" circle.
6) Place on a greased and floured baking pan or pizza stone.
7) Pile on your favourite toppings, and bake at 220*C for 15-20 min till the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbly.

Note:
I roughly kneaded the ingredients by hand and used my bread machine to continue kneading and proofing.

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction (June 2011) hosted by Sweetylicious.

9 comments:

  1. By looking at your lovely pizza, i miss it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 我好久没做PIZZA了,很懒的我,一方面怕自己会控制不了吃多多:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made pizza for a long time too! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 会很脆吗? 我也想试试,我那天的比较属于面包状,一两片就会很饱了.

    pizza看了很诱人.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我很久没做皮萨了,很想念 。。。

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never try making pizza myself... This looks really yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also never made pizza before. Must try to make this recipe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 骄傲的王子/Pink Lady,
    谢谢。

    鲸鱼,
    做小小个就不怕吃多多了。

    SSB,
    Actually I also haven't made pizza for many years but once started I will make regularly for a period of time then stop again. Haha.

    eileenlee,
    趁热吃是脆脆的,但不会像饼干那样脆。我觉得和面包式的饼皮比起啦这个比较地道,但喜好因人而异,我的家人就比较爱面包式的pizza(比较华人style)。

    neyeeloh,
    我记得上次看你post在blog的是全麦pizza,我也想尝试。

    hanushi/ Anncoo,
    I find making pizza is much faster and easier than bread, so give it a try. I like to make it for quick lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"