Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Walnut & Raisin Cinnamon Roll 核桃葡萄干肉桂卷

I made this on 6th May, 3 days after first use of my newly bought bread machine (B.M).

This was the second time I used my B.M but instead of using the fully automated function, I only used it to knead the dough.

What I need to do is just to shape the dough (which is quite fun). Making bread has become so effortless now with the help of the B.M.

The bun is soft and fluffy. I think I can also use this as basic sweet dough for other type of buns.


Ingredients:

Dough: 120ml milk, 1 egg, 60g sugar, ½ tsp salt, 210g bread flour, 90g plain flour, 10g instant yeast, 60g soft butter

Filling: 2 tbsp soft butter, 60g brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 30g chopped walnut (I use lesser and add raisins), some raisins (presoak in water)

Glazing: few tbsp beaten egg

Method:

By mixer
1) Mix all the dough ingredients together except butter and beat till smooth dough is formed.

2) Add in butter and continue beating for another 5 mins.

3) Cover with cling wrap and leave to prove for 45 mins

4) Mix brown sugar, cinnamon powder and chopped walnuts together.

5) Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll each portion to rectangular dough - 20 x 30 cm (8" x 12"). Spread with some soft butter then sprinkle brown sugar mixture and raisins. Roll up into a swiss roll and cut the roll to about 1" high. Place cut rolls on lined or greased tray. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof again for another 30 mins.

6) Brush rolls with beaten egg and bake in preheat over at 180C for about 12 mins or till golden brown.

By bread machine
1) Place all ingredients in the bread pan except butter. Select 'Dough' program, press 'Start/Stop' button to start the program.

2) Add butter gradually when dough is formed (about 5 mins later), press 'Start/Stop' bottom to stop the program after 10 mins. Select 'Dough' program again, press 'Start/Stop' button to start the program. (Basically I gave the dough extra 10 mins of kneading on top of the preset program cycle). Continue with step 4 above if you leave the dough to proof in bread machine. Else, you may take out the dough to proof in room temperature (step 3) once the machine stop kneading.

By hand
You may refer to the steps here.

(Recipe reference: http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2007/04/walnut-cinnamon-rolls.html)


4 comments:

  1. 现在肚子饿
    怎么办??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever made this before but not as nice as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anncoo,

    Thanks. I think the taste is more important. I didn't finish all butter for spreading, next time I shall spread more butter, I think it will be nicer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"