Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Hi-Tea ~ Pancake 薄煎饼

The other day when I had Mc hotcake breakfast, the soft and nice hotcake inspired me to want to make my own hotcake, or in general term we call it pancake.

It was a relaxing and lazy Saturday when we had homemade hamburger for breakfast (brunch?) at 10am+, the hamburger was so filling that we actually skipped our lunch that day. We started to feel hungry at around 3pm, I thought it was the perfect time to try making my very first pancake for high tea.

I did a search from the Internet and got this recipe, since I had all the ingredients readily on hand, I decided to give it a try.

I halved the recipe and only made 3 pancakes but it was just nice for two of us. My first pancake turned out to be quite nice. It was soft and fragrant, though it was still far from the standard of Mc hotcake.

We served with Golden Churn salted butter, maple syrup and bananas, they were simply perfect combination!


Ingredients: (makes about 8pcs of 7.5 cm pancakes)
1 cup (140g) all-purpose
flour
2 tsp (7g)
baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp (28g) granulated white
sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup (240ml) milk
2 tbsp (28g) unsalted
butter, melted (I used olive oil)
Plus extra melted butter for greasing the pan.

Method:
1) In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk, and melted butter.
2) Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, all at once, and stir or whisk just until combined. The batter should have some small lumps. Make sure you do not over mix the batter or the pancakes will be tough.
3) Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium high heat until a few sprinkles of water dropped on the pan or griddle splatter. Using a pastry brush, brush the pan with a little melted butter.
4) Using a small ladle or scoop, pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan, spacing the pancakes a few inches from each other. When the bottoms of the pancakes are brown and bubbles start to appear on the top surfaces of the pancakes (2-3 minutes), turn over. Cook until lightly browned (about 1-2 minutes).
5) Repeat with remaining batter, brushing the pan with melted butter between batches.
6) Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.

9 comments:

  1. WOW, so nice. Next time remember to keep some for me when you want to make this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I would love this for breakfast. The melting butter makes it look so delicious! It's funny how some things so simple can taste so good.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anncoo,

    Next time I won't halve the recipe, the other half is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MeRy,

    You are welcome. I find that this recipe is good and very easy to measure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tracieMOO,

    Exactly, the ingredients are very basic but when combine together they produce fantastic result.

    You must eat it when it is hot, I like to see the butter melting on the hot pancake. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 好好吃的样子喔~
    口水流个不停~
    我一向来是【吃者】的
    呵呵呵~XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva/ Sharon,

    My 'honour' to make u drooling/ hungry. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"