Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chocolate Chips Cookies for Christmas

Last Christmas I baked fruitcake for my colleagues, this year I decided to have something difference.

First thing came into my mind was this easy and delicious chocolate chips cookies.

I made some changes this time by adding a pinch of cinnamon powder, some cocoa paste (I didn't have baking chocolate at home so I dissolved cocoa powder in hot water) and reducing the amount of baking soda to ½ tsp.

The cookies turned out to be good. I liked the texture, it was not too dry or flaky. I also liked it with a hint of cinnamon taste.

All packed and ready to be given away on Christmas Eve. Hope my colleagues will like it.

Ingredients:
(A)
250g cold butter (cut into small cubes)
½ cup brown sugar
2½ cups plain flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt (may omit this if salted butter is used)
¼ tsp cinnamon powder (use slightly more if you like)
(B)
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp cocoa powder dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water (set aside to cool)
1 tsp vanilla extract
(C)
150g chocolate chips (use more if you like)

Method:
1) Use fingertips to rub (A) till lumpy (I did so with a help of a fork).
2) Add (B) to (A) mixture to form a dough (do not knead).
3) Add (C).
4) Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto lined baking tray (use 2 small spoons, one for scooping and another one for 'pushing' the dough onto the baking tray). Leave some space between the cookies to allow for spreading. Flatten cookie dough slightly with the back of a fork.
5) Bake in preheated oven at 150C for about 12 - 15 mins or until cookies turn brown.
6) Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and keep in airtight container.

Note:
1) You may add in any chopped nuts of your choice.
2) This time round I reduced the amount of each drop (each cookie is about 1 tsp of dough) and I managed to make 108 pieces of cookies.

4 comments:

  1. hihi, i take 1 packet home first ya...merry christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xmas is always about chocolate! have a merry christmas and a happy new year, angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    May i know 1 cup is how much?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"