Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pancake Without Baking Powder 无发粉松饼


This was made in December last year. I found the drafted recipe in Word document while doing some housekeeping for my laptop.

If you are concerned about the leavening agent used in pancake, this recipe is for you especially if you are making for your toddlers. The texture of this pancake is lighter than the usual pancake made with baking powder in my opinion.

 
Pancake Without Baking Powder

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
120ml (½ cup) milk
¼ tsp vanilla extract
120g cake flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil/ melted butter

Method:
1) Soak egg with shell in warm water till around 40C (when touch, it feel like body temperature). Beat egg, sugar and salt till ribbon stage (triple in volume). You can also place the mixing bowl on top of a bowl of warm water while beating.
2) Fold in sifted flour alternate with milk/vanilla extract. Lastly, add oil and mix well.
3) Preheat non-stick pan (it’s up to you if you want to grease the pan, I used Happycall pan and I didn’t grease my pan). Add ¼ cup of batter on pan, let batter spread by itself. Cook till brown on one side, flip and continue to cook. (If using Happy call pan, each time can cook 2 pancakes, close the lid with magnet and flip manually when one side becomes brown. Pancake is cooked faster than using normal pan).

(Recipe adapted from 《周老师的美食教室-轻蛋糕》, translated by Angel of Cook.Bake.Love)

14 comments:

  1. Looks good and I would like to try this pancake without BP. May I know how many pancakes made in the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 那几块牛油蛮吸引夫人呐。。
    Without BP sound great 。。*LIKE*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann,

    I made this in Dec last year If I remember correctly should be around 8-9 pancakes. The seving is just nice for three of us (two adults and one toddler) finished them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news as I make pancakes every sunday morning for my family. Will definitely try it this weekend. Thanks a bunch. - natasya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the amount of baking powder in pancake recipes are really scary at times..
    this recipe will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a healthy pancake recipe you have here,, sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. healthy n yummy pancakes...nice clicks too!...frst time visiting....glad to follow u!

    http://subhieskitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sonia,

    Thanks. I love your fluffy pancake equally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Subhie Arun,

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and become and follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice to see a pancake recipe with baking powder, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"