Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Strawberry Ice Pop 最适合炎炎夏日的草莓冰棒

I made strawberry ice pop at the same time when I made the Awfully Strawberry Pudding.

Basically the same ingredients go into the ice pop except the mixture is more diluted as more strawberry milk is used. To make ice pop, it is not necessary to add gelatin but since I already prepared the gelatin solution for the pudding, I thought I must well add a little bit, hoping that it helps to hold the ice pop for longer time before it starts to melt in room temperature.

The ice pop mould I used here is from Daiso. I bought it on the same day I bought the Madeleine pan and mini loaf pans. I was a happy girl that day. :) This is my first time using it.

This ice pop is simply the best treat in the hot day. It is so easy to make, anyone can make it at home.


I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers # 5: Fruity March (March 2011) hosted by Jess from Bakericious.

Strawberry Ice Pop

Ingredients: (for 1-cup capacity ice pop mould)
5 – 6 medium strawberries (cut into small cubes)
2 tbsp Meiji strawberry yogurt
2 tbsp whipping cream (need not whip)
1 cup Meiji strawberry milk minus the above amount
2 – 3 tbsp sugar to taste (can make it slightly sweeter because after frozen it will taste less sweet)
1 tbsp gelatin solution (optional) (refer to HERE for the making of gelatin solution)

Method:
1) Combine strawberry cubes, strawberry yogurt and whipping cream in a measuring cup, fill with strawberry milk till 1 cup (240ml).
2) Add sugar and blend till smooth (to taste).
3) Now the mixture will have a lot bubbles on the surface. Pour the mixture in mould over the back of a spoon (one hand holding the blender jug while the other hand holding a spoon, facing down), this way you will get smooth mixture without bubbles. Place lips and freeze overnight.
4) To remove ice pop from mould, hold the ice pop mould upside down over running tap water (as shown in picture below). Then, hold the stick to release the ice pop gently. Do not force to release; else the ice pop will drop off from the stick. Instead, repeat the step till the ice pop can be easily loosened and released. Enjoy immediately!


Note:
I also added some strawberry cubes but I found that frozen strawberry was tasteless. Thus, I didn’t include in the above recipe.

9 comments:

  1. 每次在DAISO看到酱的模型我就想买,每次都在想买一个还是买两个....结果最后一个都没有买,呵呵,不过买回家也知识迟早的事:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, Lucius eats this? hehe... if not than pass over to me ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't have any problem with problem with frozen strawberries. Your popsicles look fabulous. My moulds were from Ikea and they aren't that easy to be removed, even when rinsed with water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only I saw your post earlier! I had trouble taking out my popsicles from my tray, even after using running water so i soaked it in some hot water which meant that my popsicles were melting alr :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. 原来是这样拿出来的哦

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so nice! im sure my nephew and anyone will LOVE it! esp for such hot weather (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone, thank you for your lovely comments.

    鲸鱼, 赶快去买,最近天气热得吓人。我觉得你家就只有你老爷和你买一个够了,吃完了再做过另一个口味。其实做了这个后,我家的模型还没休息过呢,吃完了我又在refill。哈哈。

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"