I made this on 6th May, 3 days after first use of my newly bought bread machine (B.M).This was the second time I used my B.M but instead of using the fully automated function, I only used it to knead the dough. What I need to do is just to shape the dough (which is quite fun). Making bread has become so effortless now with the help of the B.M.
The bun is soft and fluffy. I think I can also use this as basic sweet dough for other type of buns.
Dough: 120ml milk, 1 egg, 60g sugar, ½ tsp salt, 210g bread flour, 90g plain flour, 10g instant yeast, 60g soft butter
Filling: 2 tbsp soft butter, 60g brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 30g chopped walnut (I use lesser and add raisins), some raisins (presoak in water)
Glazing: few tbsp beaten egg
1) Mix all the dough ingredients together except butter and beat till smooth dough is formed.
2) Add in butter and continue beating for another 5 mins.
3) Cover with cling wrap and leave to prove for 45 mins
4) Mix brown sugar, cinnamon powder and chopped walnuts together.
5) Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll each portion to rectangular dough - 20 x 30 cm (8" x 12"). Spread with some soft butter then sprinkle brown sugar mixture and raisins. Roll up into a swiss roll and cut the roll to about 1" high. Place cut rolls on lined or greased tray. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof again for another 30 mins.
6) Brush rolls with beaten egg and bake in preheat over at 180C for about 12 mins or till golden brown.
By bread machine
1) Place all ingredients in the bread pan except butter. Select 'Dough' program, press 'Start/Stop' button to start the program.
2) Add butter gradually when dough is formed (about 5 mins later), press 'Start/Stop' bottom to stop the program after 10 mins. Select 'Dough' program again, press 'Start/Stop' button to start the program. (Basically I gave the dough extra 10 mins of kneading on top of the preset program cycle). Continue with step 4 above if you leave the dough to proof in bread machine. Else, you may take out the dough to proof in room temperature (step 3) once the machine stop kneading.
You may refer to the steps here.
(Recipe reference: http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2007/04/walnut-cinnamon-rolls.html)