Below is my revised version.
Ingredients: (yield about 20pcs of 50g portion)
500g pau flour (Hongkong flour) } sift together
1 tbsp double-action baking powder }
240ml (1 cup) water (+ more if you find the dough is dry)
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp instant yeast
60g shortening (cut into small pieces)
By bread machine
1) Add water, sugar, salt and flour mixture into bread pan according to the sequence.
2) Make an indention at the centre of the flour, add instant yeast.
3) Select 'Dough' program, press 'Start/Stop' button to start the program.
4) When dough is formed, add shortening gradually, continue to knead. Add more water bit by bit if you find the dough is dry.
5) Press 'Start/Stop' button to stop the program once B.M stop kneading (my B.M stops after 20mins).
6) Remove dough from bread pan, give a few kneads by hand to form a smooth round dough. Place it into a big bowl and cover with cling wrap. Let it proof for 30 mins.
7) Weigh and scale dough into 50g a portion, cover with cling wrap all the times.
8) Roll the dough into ball and flatten it by hand or a roller pin. Wrap with fillings and seal tightly. Place onto greaseproof paper and leave to proof for another 30 mins.
9) Steam over high heat for 15 mins.
1) Add all dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl, pour in water gradually to form a dough. Add shortening and continue to knead till smooth (about 15-20 mins). (Unlike bread, you don't need to knead until the gluten is fully developed). Cover with cling wrap and let it proof for 30 mins.
2) Continue with above step 7 onwards.
500g lean pork 夹心肉 (sliced and lightly pounded)
2 - 3 thumb-sized of ginger (minced)
1 stick spring onion (cut into small pieces)
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
1 ½ tbsp Chinese cooking wine
2 tsp sugar
Adequate water and corn flour
3 hard-boiled eggs (scale into 20 small portions)
Mix all ingredients together (except hard-boiled eggs) and marinate for a few hours or overnight. (Marinated fillings should be juicy, so that the fillings won't be dry after steaming.)
The amount of the marinade is for reference only, do base on your own judgment and taste to adjust accordingly.