Recipe adapted and modified from ccm.
Pumpkin Loaf with Pumpkin Seeds
130g pumpkin puree (steamed pumpkin and mashed with a fork)
140g milk (I used cold milk)
2 tbsp honey (I used 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp sugar)
½ tsp salt
350g bread flour (I used 310g bread flour and 40g plain flour)
1 tsp instant yeast
20g butter, soften (I used 26g)
Beaten egg for egg wash
Optional: Additional butter for brushing
Straight method - please refer to here.
- Apply egg wash and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds before baking.
- Brush the top with butter once the bread out from the oven (optional).
1) Steam the pumpkin with skin; it is easier to remove cooked pumpkin skin than raw one, just scrape with a spoon or fork will do.
2) I like Australia pumpkin as it is nuttier but the price is 3 to 5 times of local pumpkin (from Malaysia). If I can’t get hold of Australia pumpkin I will buy local pumpkin with green skin, I find that the texture is closer to Australia one. From my observation, the orange skin one tends to have more mushy flesh
3) Do not add all the milk at one shot, reserve 2 tbsp and add in later if the dough is dry.
beautiful loaf Angela! i yet to bake a nice loaf sigh!ReplyDelete
Pretty loaf! :)ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh. I had to book a place to comment on this post because the pumpkin bread looks wonderfully golden yellow and soft!! I wish I had time to bake this too... Maybe when I'm back in Malaysia.. hehehe..ReplyDelete
原来你是用straight dough method 呀～
难怪了哦，s.dough 会打比较久，如果是用sponge & dough method 会比较好哦！
It is nicely baked with a yellow hue. I thought it is a cake, just realise it is a bread loaf... :)ReplyDelete
Wish Lucius get well soon...
Hope yr baby will get well very soon....ReplyDelete
Strawberry ice-cream now in my fridge .. Hehe..
小歪, 谢谢你的建议。我也想尝试sponge dough method但每次做面包都是一时兴起，没有事先准备，所以做不成sponge dough。