虾肉 250g （剁碎）
马蹄 8 - 9 粒（切小颗粒，约1碗）（我不喜欢切得太碎）
鸡蛋 1粒 （略打散）
面包糠 100g （或用打碎的梳打饼）
盐 1 ½ 茶匙
500g minced pork
250g minced shrimp
8 - 9 water chestnuts (cut into small cubes)
3 shallots (about 50g, chopped)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
100g breadcrumbs or soda biscuit (crushed)
2 tsp five-spice powder
1 tsp white ground pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 ½ tsp salt
3 tbsp plain flour
1 bean curd skin (cut into small pieces)
1) Combine all ingredients except bean curd skin, mix well.
2) Use a clean damp cloth to wipe the bean curd skin for a few times (this is a very important step; the purpose is to reduce the saltiness of the bean curd skin). Add some fillings on the bean curd skin and roll it up.
3) Steam over high heat for about 15 mins (depends on the size of the meat roll, steam longer time for thicker roll). Let cool, deep fry or pan fry until golden brown, serve.
1) The above recipe yielded 13 small rolls as shown in the picture.
2) Keep extra steamed meat roll in fridge, fry and serve when desired.
This look so yummy.ReplyDelete
Thank you. Goh Hgian is my CNY fav dish.
oh, I know you are expecting very soon! Could you help translate this into English also? Thank you and Happy CNY and delivery also!ReplyDelete
Thank you. No problem, I will translate for you. Stay tune!
I grew up eating this as my mom will make on festive seasons. But then again, never managed to get the recipe from her as she cooks with her eyes. Waiting for your translation ;-) Hope to make them one day.ReplyDelete
Hi Claire/ Blessed Homemaker,ReplyDelete
I have added the English recipe.
THANK YOU! Have a safe delivery and hope you'll post some confinement dishes you'll eat! I don't have children yet so need to know what I need to eat!ReplyDelete
My mum will be cooking the confinement food for me, I will try to take some photos to share with you guys.
i've been looking for this meat roll recipe since my hubby is craving for this... and finally i found your blog.. thanks for the recipes... there are so many recipes i wanna try out from your blog..
thank you so much for sharing all those recipes... this is my favorite blog.. :)
May I know what breadcrumbs do you use for this recipe?
The breadcrumbs I used is normal breadcrumbs used for making cutlet. Can be found in supermarket. Alternatively, you can use crushed soda biscuit.
Thanks for your prompt reply. So the breadcrumbs are dried ones and not fresh breadcrumbs?ReplyDelete