This is my maiden attempt of Mille crêpe cake. I think it is quite fun to do it. I specially made this cake for my aunt's birthday, my aunt and all the recipients enjoyed the cake very much.
Ingredients: (make one 6” cake)
3 tbsp melted butter
A drop of vanilla extract (optional)
Pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
210g plain flour
+/- 200g non-dairy whipping cream, whipped up*
½ cup blueberry topping
*If dairy whipping cream is used, add about 20g of sugar.
- Mix (A) and sift in (B), mix well (you can use a blender to blend everything till smooth too). Strain the batter and let it rest for at least 30 mins.
- Heat a 6” non-stick pan over medium low heat until hot. Butter the pan and add batter to the center of the pan (I used a ¼ measuring cup to measure the batter, each crepe I filled up about 80% of batter in the cup) then quickly swift the batter around to fill the bottom of the pan. Pour away excess batter (save for next crepe), if any.
- When the crepe no longer appears wet on top it's ready to flip. Use a silicone spatula to peel up an edge then carefully use fingers and spatula to peel away and flip the crepe and continue to fry for a few seconds (it should take much lesser time than the first side).
- Repeat till all batter is finished. Stir the batter once in a while before pan frying. If the pan is too hot, the batter will solidify before you have a chance to swirl it around so before frying the next crepe let the pan cool down for a while. What I did was to place the pan on a wet towel to cool down.
- To assemble the cake, spread whipping cream on one crepe, then spread 1 tbsp of blueberry topping on the whipping cream. Cover with another piece of crepe and repeat. Continue layering, saving the best-looking crepe for the top layer. Wrap with clip wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up which is having EGG theme this month! This event is organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.
好可怕哦 呵呵 =p
Hi Angel, beautiful and yummy mille crepe cake.ReplyDelete
Thanks for your compliment.
吼。。。这个很“gao kang” leh!! 你真的很努力。。。我来吃好了！！嘻嘻。。。ReplyDelete
Wow! What a sweet mille crepe cake! Looks lovely with pinkish color & appetizing too! YUMMY! ;)ReplyDelete
Thanks for your lovely comment.
Wonderful job with the mille crepe. Love this cake very much! Thanks for linking to LTU!ReplyDelete
Hi Baby Sumo,Delete
Hi Angel, I've been looking for this recipe in English. Now I have found it here. Thanks for sharing. Can I substitute whipping cream with some other cream?ReplyDelete
What cream you wanna substitie? I thin you can use custurd, choc cream etc but butter cream may not be suitable as this cake need to be chilled and buttercream may seem a bit heavy for mille crepe.
Hi Angel, thanks for your advice. I'll just follow the recipe.Delete
hi Angel, another pretty mile crepe!ReplyDelete
Til date I still cant find the patience to do this :)
hi angel, i never eaten a mille crepe cake..the last time i tried to make one, but didnt turn out right. You already made it so nice at your first attempt, great work!ReplyDelete