Buttery Pineapple Tart
180g cold unsalted butter (I used SCS)
240g plain flour
1½ tbsp cornflour
50g icing sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 egg yolk
¼ tsp vanilla extract
Egg glaze : 1 egg yolk mixed with few drops of water
440g pineapple paste*
*I used store bought, refer here for ways to improve the taste of store-bought pineapple paste.
- Sift plain flour, cornflour, sugar & salt together in a big mixing bowl.
- Mix egg yolk & vanilla extract.
- Cut cold butter into cubes. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture.
- Add egg mixture and mix till combined. Do not over mix. Wrap the dough and chill for 30 mins to firm it up. Meantime, you can roll the pineapple filling into small ball of 1 level tsp each.
- Divide dough into small balls of ½ level tbsp. Lightly flatten the dough, place a ball of pineapple filling in it and wrap over. Place in small paper case. (Suggest only take out one portion of dough and keep the balance in fridge)
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 8-10 mins. Remove tray and apply egg wash. Return to bake for another 5-6mins. Cool completely before storing. (Baking time is for reference only)
- The size of the pineapple tart in the picture is slightly bigger. I used 1 heaped tsp for the filling and ½ heaped tbsp for the dough.
- You may use salted butter and omit salt in the recipe.
|I used this roller to create the criss-cross pattern on the pineapple tarts.|
Recap of past years’ pineapple tarts made by me:-
 Flower Pineapple Tart I
 Flower Pineapple Tart II & Smiling Face Pineapple Tart
 Golden Pillow Pineapple Tart
 Bite-size Pineapple Ball
 Pineapple Shape Pineapple Tart (my top 10 post!)
 Tangerine & Apple Shape Pineapple Tart
There is still one weekend to Snake Year, why not pick one recipe and bake your own pineapple tarts this weekend?
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.
This post is also linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Bake for Happy Kids, the theme of this month is Pineapple! Join the fun if you bake or cook anything with pineapple this month.
Love this pineapple cookies..ReplyDelete
this year too busy, i think i will just shape into bite-size ball will do.Yours look beautifully!ReplyDelete
I think for my next batch I will do bite-size ball too. It is the easiest and fastest. :P
我想大多数很都会觉得蛋黄比较美包括我自己，但是我绝对同意你说的好吃最重要。试过赶时间完全不egg wash，其实matte surface也蛮美的，好看过涂到不美的蛋黄。
Hi Angel, planned to bake this biscuit for CNY but didn't get to do it cos' already baked a lot. Too tired now. Next year will definitely do it. Happy CNY 2013.ReplyDelete
Must try next year.
Love all your pineapple tart posts... I would love to try these recipes one day.
Can you link this post with us at http://bakeforhappykids.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/nyonya-acar-achar-spicy-mixed-vegetable.html ? We are hosting an event using pineapple as our major ingredient.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks for inviting. I have linked up with the event. :)
Thanks Angel for linking up with us! Love all your pineapple tart recipes. I will bookmark this too :DDelete
I made these today and they taste very good. Thanks for the recipes.ReplyDelete
hi, i am looking for a bread machine and saw your post.ReplyDelete
may i know what function should i look for when buying for one?
Hi Ah Pui,Delete
I have replied you in the Raisin Walnut Pumpkin Bread post.