A basic banana muffin is made extraordinary with a cinnamon-and-brown-sugar streusel topping. Personally I think that the crumb topping is too sweet for my liking even though I have cut down the sugar used. However, the banana muffin itself is a star, it is definitely a keeper to me.
Banana Crumb Muffin
Ingredients: (yield 12 standard size muffins)
190g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tso baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed (I used 5 medium size bananas)
150g white sugar (I used 100g)
1 egg, lightly beaten
75g butter, melted
75g brown sugar (I used 50g)
15g plain flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon (I think can use more)
1) Preheat oven to 190C. Line 12-hole muffin tray with paper liners.
2) In a large bowl, mix (A) together. In another bowl, combine (B) and mix well.
3) Stir (B) into (A) just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
4) For the crumb topping, mix sugar, flour and ground cinnamon in a small bowl, Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
5) Bake in preheated oven for about 18-20 mins until a toothpick inserted into center and comes out clean.
1) Suggest preparing the topping first and keep refrigerated before using.
2) You can use other crumb-topping recipe such this one, which I prefer.
(Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com by Lisa Kreft)
5 stars, highly recommended by Angel, MUST try then :)ReplyDelete
Yes, I want to try too as banana is my favourite :)ReplyDelete
5 stars 。。is a must try recipe ya 。。。ReplyDelete
look so pretty! must try one dayReplyDelete
have been out of baking action but will slowly resume again.
Not sure suit ur taste or not.....
Me two. I like anything bake with bananas and goreng pisang but I don't really like to eat fresh banana. :P
Nice to hear from you again. Miss all your bakes and update of ur blogs.
天使，你吓死人啦。。last evening not able to enter yr blog ...only invited reader ... 呜呜。。不要不理我哦！星期天做了你家的2项食谱。。咖啡脆皮和包子。。要link你时。。alamak..你家上锁了。。不干心。。今早try。。yahoo...能进去了。。开心。。立刻进来留言。。想说你要记得invite我。。不要把我给忘了涅。。^^ReplyDelete
nice idea.. thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
wow, so many good reviews, no wonder you were so tempted to try. I think i will enjoy the crumbs very much.ReplyDelete