Recipe adapted from Wendyinkk, original recipe from here. Please refer to the original site for Chinese recipe and step-by-step photos.
Golden Soft Pumpkin Square 金黄松软南瓜蛋糕
4 egg whites
Few drops vinegar
50g sugar (I used 45g)
4 egg yolks
50g pumpkin puree (steamed and mashed. I used 65g)
50ml corn oil
80g cake flour
Handful of pumpkin seeds
1) Preheat oven to 160. Line a 9” square pan with baking/parcement paper.
2) Combine pumpkin puree with milk. Then add in egg yolks and oil. Mix till well blended and put in flour ad mix til smooth.
3) Put egg whites into another bowl and beat until frothy. Put in vinegar and continue to beat until soft peaks. Put in sugar and beat until stiff (pointy stiff)
4) Fold 1/3 of egg whites into (B). Pour (B) into remaining egg whites and fold.
5) Pour into the prepared pan, level the batter. Sprinkle (C) on top and bake for about 25 minutes.
6) When cake is done, remove from oven. Let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes, remove from pan (be gentle) and tear down the sideliners. Let cake cool down totally and cut into squares.
look so spongy and like the golden colour! actually this cake is less burden, hehehe..bookmarked !ReplyDelete
Look very spongy and moist!ReplyDelete
Yeah, i too find it to be a bit bland without any frosting, at least some simple pumpkin jam (pumpkin+sugar) will be good.ReplyDelete
But if add more sugar, skipping cream should be fine :)
Glad you liked ths
oooh bookmarking to try! i missed it on wendy's blog but your pictures look so so yummy!ReplyDelete
I also like light-textured cake, think this one suits me!!ReplyDelete
Interesting recipe !!!ReplyDelete
One man's food is another man's poison. Umm, I think this fits my bill.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe. I think the sweetness is just nice, maybe I don't have sweet tooth.
Till now, I am still failed in beating the egg white till stiff peak:-(ReplyDelete