这种蛋糕是需要时间慢慢酝酿的，让西梅杂果里的酒慢慢释放出来，蛋糕会越来越好吃。所以，做这种蛋糕要有忍耐力， 不要一做好就急着吃。我用Daiso的mini loaf pan做了三小条，一条送人，两条留给自己吃。我啊，想吃时就切一小片来吃，不敢一次吃多多，深怕太快吃完。所以，你知道我对着蛋糕的评价有多高了吧？！但是，我盘里的肉，也有可能是你的毒药。我觉得这种西式杂果蛋糕是一种很极端的甜点，喜欢的人会很喜欢，不喜欢的人连碰都不碰。
话说Daiso的mini loaf pan真是物超所值，做出来的蛋糕工工整整的很漂亮，而且像这样的size很适合拿来送人，用小烤盘也大大缩短烘烤的时间，值得推荐给大家（特地拍了照片给没有看过的读者参考）。
Recipe adapted from Malibu Coconut Rum Fruitcake (originally seen from Anncoo’s Journal).
250g butter (room temperature)
2 tbsp rum
4 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Orange zest from one large orange
4 large eggs
220g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp mixed spice or ground cinnamon
*mix and sift the above together
Additional 3 – 4 tbsp bread flour to be added at last
400-500g mixed dried fruit
150g pitted rune (cut into small pieces)
*Pre-soaked in rum for at least one night
100g chopped walnut and almond
*Pre-toasted at 150c for about 7 – 8 mins
Extra rum for pouring over cooked cake (I used Malibu Rum with Coconut)
Method:1) Line cake tin with parchment paper, bottom. The recipe amount makes one 8-inch square tin or three small loaf pans.
2) Beat (A) till light and fluffy. Slowly add in (B).
3) Add (C), one at a time and scrape bowl.
4) Add ¼ of flour mixture to mixed fruit and set aside. Add remaining flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually and mix till just incorporated.
5) Fold in mixed fruits and chopped nuts, mix well with a spatula. If the batter is runny at this moment, fold in additional bread flour from (D). Pour into cake tin. Bang tin on table once to settle the content. Level the surface with a spatula or scraper.
6) Bake in preheated oven at 160C for about 1-1/2 hours (for one 8-inch square tin) or 45 mins (for three small loaf pans). Cover the top with foils loosely when the cake starts to turn brown).
7) Pour 2 –3 tbsp of rum on hot cake once it comes out from the oven.
8) Wrap cake with clip wrap and aluminum foil once cool down and store in fridge. Pour 2 – 3 tbsp of rum on cake every 2 –3 days until it is ready to be served.
Angel, you are tempting me to buy this Malibu which is in my liquor list :P. The cake looks really good, my husband sure gonna love it. Thanks for the AB submission.ReplyDelete
it look so delicious and lovely! (: (:ReplyDelete
Angel, 我也是非常喜欢这雜果蛋糕，记得开始做这蛋糕的时候，材料加的不够，味道没那么香，后来劲过几次的改良，终于得到我要的口味。真的很开心，你也喜欢这个蛋糕 :) 不要只光做蛋糕，也要好好的休息。ReplyDelete
Hi Angel! This is my first time visiting, you do have a lovely blog...i like the texture of this fruitcake of yours:)ReplyDelete
baked to perfection! with the fruity goodness!ReplyDelete
Really love to try baking this fruit cake... (have a sudden crave for fruitcake :) Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Jess, this liquor got a refreshing taste but if u want a very distinct liquor taste in your cake then maybe u got to use the normal rum.ReplyDelete
Olivia, try this, I am sure you will like it.
The Sweetylicious/j3ss/Jeannie, thank you for your lovely comments.
Yummy...will try this recipe one day..ReplyDelete
Hi Angel, 1st attempt in baking fruitcake n i chose ur recipe n it turned out yummy..thx for sharing MKMReplyDelete
Sorry I have missed out ur comment. I am glad that u like it.
hi angel, the malibu that i have has kept for one year plus already.. can i use it for this cake? I love your blog and u have explained every steps very clearly.. especially for the beginners like me.. Thanks for sharing so many great recipes.. ^^ReplyDelete
I am sorry that I have missed out ur comment. Thanks for ur compliment.
Liquor cam be kept for very long time, there is in fact no expiry date so u can feel free to use ur Malibu.
I am interested in this as it looks gorgeous. However, I can't find at what temperature you are baking this. Please adviseReplyDelete
I used 160C. I have amended the recipe.
Thanks, Angel. Got it in the oven right now.Delete
Your fruit cake looks great! I want to try it out tomorrow. Just want to know urgently if I could substitute the bread flour with plain four. I can't find bread flour at my local grocery here. Thanks!
it is perfectly fine to replace bread flour with plain flour. If using bread flour your cake will be firmer and the distribution of mixed fruits will be more even. :-)