Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Beautiful Saturday!

Had breakfast at Marche VivoCity with some nice people. Lovely.

My plate.

Coffee and milk.

I like the countryside style interior.

Artisan bread is not everyone's cup of tea but it is definitely mine.

I got a weakness. I can't restrict myself to take photos whenever I see beautiful fresh fruits and veggies.

This reminds me of my Europe trip two years ago. I made it a point to visit at least one fresh food market in every country I visited.

This crazy women seemed to be more excited to touch and smell the big fat fresh fruits and veggies in the market than seeing the Eiffel Tower or shopping at the Galeries Lafayette.


Here are some snapshots.

Different type of potatoes.

There is a small herbs garden outside the restaurant. How I wish it were at my doorstep. (Click to enlarge photos)

Marche @ VivoCity
1 Harbourfront Walk
03-14 Vivocity
Singapore 098585
http://www.marche-restaurants.com
Phone : +6563768226

11 comments:

  1. I love to go to Marche. I love the food there especially the smoked salmon cheese salad. I can have two plates of that and the cakes are always cut into big portions ;))
    Lovely pictures, are you using picasa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anncoo,

    I love the rosti and sausage there.

    Yes. I am using Picasa, the only (free) photo-editing software I know but it has got its limitation. Do you have any easy photo-editing software recommedation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel, try photobucket, quite easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel, you can try Photoscape too, free too. More functions to play with. I used both Picasa and Photoscape.

    Thanks for sharing this post, I have not been to Marche for a long time. Will make it a date with my husband when he comes back. I love to have breakfast with him at cafes ;)

    You can always start your own herb garden. You can get rosemary and mint from local nursery (can check out those along Thomson road), they are easy to take care. I have problems with sweet basil, more difficult to keep them alive in our weather! I had a pot of dill too (given as stem cutting), super easy to grow! My 'herb garden' is at the corridor, my cherry tomatoes (I grew from seeds) are also flowering very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful place and food. Love to see all the fruits and vegetables too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures. It's one of my favourite place. Other than the food, i love the country setting.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anncoo/HHB,

    Thanks for your generous sharing about the photo-editing.

    HHB,

    When I was there I also thought of having a date there with my husband when he is back from business trip but I think he may turn me down :( because he must miss his fishball noodles and wantan mee. :P

    There is no direct sunlight at my corridor. That is the problem. Anyway, thanks for sharing with me (I think I read about ur little herb garden in your blog before).:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MaryMoh,

    Now I know I am not the only one who like to see fresh fruits and veggies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hearty Bakes,

    I like the countryside setting too, make me feel like I am out of Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sharon,

    if I bring along Lucius I don't think I will be able to capture all these pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

Please click on "Anonymous" if you do not have any profiles on any of those listed, and leave your name below the comment so that I will know how to address you when I reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"总觉得用心准备的食物不只是味蕾的触动,也是一个记忆,一个我想留给身边心爱的人的记忆。这也就是我用心做菜,细心专研的原因和推动力。"