This small batch of Churros was done in less than half an hour but they were wiped out even faster by three monsters in the house. This explains how popular they are.....crispy outside and soft inside, indeed very tasty.
1 cup water
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vegetables oil
Pinch of salt
1 cup (140g) plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1) Mix (A) in a pot and cook till boiling. Remove from heat.
2) Add (B), mix to form a dough.
3) Set aside to cool down a bit. Meanwhile, mix cinnamon powder and sugar in a plate.
4) Place cooked dough in a piping bag which fitted with a big star tip. Heat oil, pipe dough into hot oil and fry till golden brown.
5) Coat with cinnamon sugar while it is still hot.
1) I somehow had difficulty in piping the dough so I shaped it instead and used the back of the knife to cut some lines.
2) Make 8.
(Recipe from here)